The Foundation for Applied Privacy says: Hello World!
After preparing this day behind the curtains during the past few months, we are glad to officially launch the Foundation for Applied Privacy today! We are a non-profit privacy infrastructure provider based in Vienna, Austria and we are passionate about privacy-enhancing technologies.
Our goals are to:
- help protect privacy, freedom of expression and digital rights
- thwart commercial tracking
- thwart mass surveilance
- help circumvent censorship
- promote secure communication
- further and promote free software that helps with achieving above goals
- further, promote and research IT security of said free software
- increase the dissemination and availability of privacy-enhancing tools
To achieve these goals we
- operate privacy-enhancing services for the general public free of charge
- share our operational experience as privacy infrastructure provider
- encourage and help others to also operate privacy-enhancing services
With the launch of our organization we are also launching our first Tor Exit relay today. In the coming weeks and months we will scale up our capacity and look into additional privacy-enhancing services.
We will also be present at the PrivacyWeek, taking place in Vienna at the end of October 2018.
Stay tuned for additional exciting news that we will announce soon on this blog and via our Twitter and Mastodon channels.
If you like what we do please consider supporting us.